CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday 15 April 2008

The Irony of Recycling in Japan

Okay, my first project of being a stay-at-home mom (well, soon to be), was to get our closets sorted. Since we will be coming home in a few short months, I figured I would get a head start on the whole packing ordeal. So last week I spent sorting through every piece of clothing and accessory I had to see if I could resell some of our things. If you don't already know this, Japan is hailed as the recycling capital of the world. Our garbage system here is so advanced, you have to go to Saturday school for it when you first arrive (just joking, but I am barely exaggerating!). Anyway, so I thought, "I have adjusted. I am now partially Japanese for thinking about recycling things." Heath even managed to sort through his closet and come up with a couple garbage bags full of still-wearable clothes. So, four bags in tow, a friend and I took them out to find a new home yesterday.

But here is the irony of the whole thing. . .

The first store wanted to give me about $2.50 for a bunch of stuff and the second store wanted to give me $3.00!! Are you kidding?? We spent more on gas than that getting here! They were, however, willing to keep everything as well. Oh, so kind. No, thanks.

So now, I still have these four bags of clothes, a deflated sense of environmental awareness, and no Goodwill to take them to!

1 comments:

Angie and Cale said...

siiiiiiiiiiiiigh

Goodwill is amazing!