CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday 11 April 2008

Blogging Bandwagon

Well, we are catching up with the modern world and joining the blogging bandwagon! Actually, it boils down to me having gobs of time off since I am now on maternity leave. And, let me tell you, everyone should take maternity leave! In my instance, I have six weeks off BEFORE our baby arrives and it is like a little bit of personal vacation! So I am trying to sleep as much now because I am sure I will not be sleeping so much once our little guy arrives.

So this weekend we are going to do "ohanami" with some friends. "Ohanami" means "flower viewing" in Japanese, but if you want to know the true translation, it means, "Let's get drunk under the blooming cherry trees (sakura) and sing our hearts out like fools." We will be skipping the drinking, but we will play the singing part by ear (you know what I mean if you know Heath at all!). Gotta enjoy Japan while we are here!

1 comments:

Mrs. House said...

I remember the flower viewing well. What got me was the fact that people would rope off a piece of a sidewalk underneath a tree a week in advance so they could claim their spot. Then, they'd picnic on the concrete rain or shine.