CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday 9 October 2008

Ahhhhh

Do you ever have one of those moments where everything just aligns and you realize you are so content? I had one of those "Ahhhh" moments last night.

We had come home from church and Heath was putting Zion down upstairs. (Which leads me to another topic--Heath as a great father--but that is another post.) So I came downstairs, put on the new Jack Johnson CD I bought the other day on impulse, and just had a great time. I put away the dishes, made a cake (lemon lover's white chocolate--yum!) for Rachel's upcoming baby shower, and just putzed around for a few more minutes. I was so relaxed! Funny how just doing everyday things to good music could be such a salve.

What else. . .don't you love the fall? I love doing fallish things: the pumpkin patch, burning a fall candle, and watching the leaves turn.

We had the Namerikawa family visiting us from Japan this past weekend. Satomi is my friend from Kanazawa that helped out so much with my pregnancy. It was fun to see her and her kids on this side of the ocean. They were here Friday through Monday and we had a ball. Fun to be around Japanese people and the language again. What little of the language I did pick up is already getting rusty!

Zion's second opinion appointment is this morning. We will be heading off to Emmanual Legacy Hospital in a couple hours. Shouldn't be as rough as the last visit at OHSU just because we already know what the outcome is. We just thought it would be wise to have a second opinion. Not really expecting a different diagnosis.

My niece Bailey turns 6 this week! Where does the time go?

The offer on the house we liked in New Columbia was rejected. Okay with me, really. So now we are back to square one. We have looked at a ton of houses but nothing is fitting perfectly. We know the one is out there!

Better scoot for now!

1 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Jack Johnson makes everything better :) lol. Anyway, sorry I haven't had a chance to post on your last blog yet. Little Zion is in our prayers (along with you and Heath of course) and I know he's going to be just fine...better than fine! Sad I missed you on your last visit to C-town, would love to see you soon!