CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday 17 July 2008

Electric Hum


The Namerikawa family: Toru, Satomi, Yuki, Ryo, and us at our goodbye dinner My best Japanese friend, Satomi. She was such a gift from the Lord to me!


The stagnatingly hot weather has finally thrown its blanket over the island country of Japan. Imagine living in a sauna and you get the general idea of what we are living in here--but we are required to be fully clothed! Anyway, along with the wet heat come the cicadas. They have such a distinct and interesting sound. The first summer we were here I hated the sound because it was high-pitched and never-ending. But now I find it strangely soothing. It is a reminder that I am in a foreign land and to be thankful for the experiences I get to have here. Maybe I am growing sentimental as our time here comes to a close.


Other news:

*Today (July 18th) was Heath's last day of work.

*Heath has become the local superstar by signing his autograph for his students and getting a daily smattering of gifts from both students and coworkers.

*We are moving out in two days and flying home in four!

*My brother will be 31 tomorrow! Happy birthday, Sam! (I am younger than him ;)!)

*My nephew is now 4! Happy birthday Brayden!

*We love Zion SOOOOO much and are so thankful that the Lord gave him to us!

*We will miss the Namerikawa family. They were such a blessing to us while we were here.


3 comments:

Natasha said...

I bet you guys are soooo excited to come home! Hopefully the last few days will fly by!

Kristi said...

Glad you are here, Pam! And I'm glad to have found your blog. Keep writing!

Hope and Gigi said...

Pam,
I can't believe that I found you on-line and with a new baby to boot! Congratulations are in order and a welcome back the US of A. I was looking on the computer today for a gal at PF and saw your name on my list which then led me to google you to see if I could find a current contact for you and the rest is history. I am not sure if you will read this comment or not but if you do I would love to hear from you guys. Blessings, Randi Sue